Friday, September 14, 2012

The start of something good.

Today is 33 days until my surgery (Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy). I've jumped all the hoops. Attended all the appointments. Dealt with the insurance. Had the proper tests. I have 2 more appointments beforehand and then it's awhile new life for me.

Step 1 is my pre-op testing. Normal blood work, EEG and other random tests.
Step 2 is my nurse/nutrition class. Learning what to do before, during and after surgery.

Included in step 2 is my 2 week liquid protein diet. My Dr. elected to have me do the full 2 weeks in an attempt to shrink my liver to make surgery easier. It also aids in pre-op weight loss, so loosing a few more pounds surely won't hurt! I think I'm more afraid of this than the actual surgery! Ha.

This is all about my future now. THIS is the start of something good........


No comments:

Post a Comment