Monday, September 24, 2012

Hitting the gym.

So it's officially the week of my last pre-op class. My appointment is Wednesday. I am so excited! 22 days until my surgery & 7 days until my all liquid pre-op diet starts.

So after my realization the other day about the 8lbs I put on I decided to reign in my eating and start my daily exercising. I have 1 week to reign in the carb monster & get ready for my liquid diet. I have officially said goodbye to pizza & bagels, 2 of my 4 trigger foods (pizza, mac & cheese, bagels, chocolate). I plan to say goodbye to mac & cheese this week sometime and chocolate, well, that will be last, ha ha. These are 4 foods that I will not be having until I am in weight maintenance long, long in the future. They are just foods that lead me to dark places and an overstuffed stomach. Nothing good comes from them for me.

As for the exercise, since I am still somewhat limited by my back (spinal discectomy gone wrong in 2010) I have chosen to just do treadmill work until I loose a good chunk of weight and I am less restricted. Today was my first day back on and I logged in .70 mile in 28 mins. Not much by some people's standards but I got off my butt and went to the gym, that was my first victory, not to mention the 28 mins I walked on the treadmill! Score!



No comments:

Post a Comment