Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Taste Test.

So, I've been kinda bad today and forgot to stay on my 3 meals a day. I completely skipped lunch. I was so focused on cleaning. I've been in cleaning mode all day! So to get some protein in I reached for a bar from my little stash of samples to try. Today's winner: Pure Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter. 


Very candy bar like. It's chocolate coated and has a nougat like center. There are some crunchy bits in the nougat that are like rice krispies. The chocolate taste like real chocolate no doubt, but it melts away quickly and you are left with the actual protein "mash" inside. I wouldn't say it's very peanut buttery but it is a pleasant taste. I can tell though after about 1/2 of the bar that this particular one at least will give me some heartburn/acid reflux as I'm already getting some burning in my throat. It's definitely edible, much more palatable than say the QuestBars. It also contains some sugar alcohols, 6gms so that would be something to watch post surgery. Overall, just meh. But at least I got some protein in this afternoon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment