Friday, September 21, 2012

Decisions.

So, I'm a little ashamed to say that after I found out I was approved for my Sleeve Gastrectomy I had a very stupid idea that I needed to "Eat ALL the foods". Yeah, my twisted brain rationalized "well, I won't be able to eat, insert food item here, after the surgery so I need to eat 3 of them now". Yeah, real smart right? Call it lack of self control, call it weakness, call it overindulgence, it has to STOP. I gained 8lbs. Yes, 8 freaking pounds. Am I crazy?!? Like I need another 8lbs to carry around. So, since it's grocery shopping week anyways I decided that since I have 11 days before my all liquid diet I am going to reduce calorie intake this coming week. It will hopefully help with getting those 8lbs off. Cutting back calorie wise & junk wise should also make it an easier transition to the all liquid protein diet.

All this made me realize that I still have some issues with food in general that I need to work on. I think the best quote so far has come from Shelly aka Eggface 


 Remember food for us was an addiction. We are recovering addicts. Weight Loss Surgery Success = working on the head as well as the body. They operate on our guts, not our heads. That is up to us!




I also ordered a few samples from AboutTime. They are recommended on the ObesityHelp forums quite often and they have a great deal on their sample packs. You get 2 flavors that you get to choose for $3.99 and free shipping. I ordered 4 Mocha Mint, 1 Banana & 1 Peanut Butter. You can order yours at ShopAboutTime


No comments:

Post a Comment