Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Last class!

Today was my last pre-op class! This was a group class, about 10 of us, with the nurses. Just the ins & outs of the liquid protein diet we have to do and pre & post operative care. It was a good class. They had a "protein bar" with different protein shakes & drinks for us to sample. It was nice, some were good, some were bad and some were REALLY bad! I got to ask all my questions and for some reason I felt very confident in the room. I kept asking questions and commenting on things when normally I am very quiet and reserved. I just think I'm so confident in my decision to do the surgery that I feel ready and that makes me more self assured. We got a goody bag with a bunch of samples and other items to help us in our weight loss post-op.


I also found out some good news today, my brother is driving all the way from Cleveland, OH to St. Louis, MO to be with me during my surgery! He said he supports me in my decision and wants to be with me when I go through it. I'm glad that I have so many people in my life that are so kind and supportive of this. I have a few people who are not thrilled with my decision to say the least and it makes it all the more important to me to have those who support me around me. You know who you are, I love you all! 


No comments:

Post a Comment