Thursday, September 27, 2012

Food Funeral & Shopping.

I had a mini food funeral today. I said good bye to my love for Nachos Belgrande at Taco Bell for lunch this afternoon. It was a spur of the moment thing. I know this is my last few days to indulge in some foods that I will NEVER have again. Some of the foods I like can be modified and eaten later in my post-op life but, under no circumstances do I want to go through the Taco Bell drive thru again. So now that my tummy is full of Nachos I bid them adieu. So long. Auf Weidersehen. Bye Bye

In other news, some of my purchases have arrived over the past couple of days! Yesterday I got a shipment of Torani Sugar Free Syrups. The flavors I chose are Lemon, Raspberry, Lime, Peppermint, Coffee & Peach, add those to my Vanilla & Caramel that I have already! I love my little stockpile of syrups! Great for making new flavors of protein shakes, like taking a chocolate base shake and adding coffee and vanilla for a mocha latte flavor! They are also good for mixing into plain greek yogurt, the flavored ones have so much sugar from the fruit they put in there. I plan on getting some more flavors, especially the Strawberry, Mango & Pumpkin Pie flavors! YUM!


I also go my sample servings from About Time. I blogged about them before, but they run a great deal on their samples. It's only $3.99 with FREE shipping for 2 samples and you get to pick the flavors! I could not resist something called Mocha Mint, so I ordered 4 of those, 1 Banana & 1 Peanut Butter. I really hope the taste is there because there are ZERO carbs in their powder and they are all natural. I would love to be able to use there brand. Keeping my fingers crossed, I'll let you know next week when I start my diet how they taste! 


In other news, I've been starting my treadmill work. I went today and did .77 mile in 31 mins. Burned about 200 calories. So far so good. Going to keep it gentle and slow because I do NOT want to aggravate my back. It was quite sore after today's work out. Slow & steady! Since Monday I have lost 3 of the 8lbs that I gained since my initial visit in July. Anything I can get off before the surgery is good news! I'm proud of the eating choices I've made this week, well, other than my little Taco Bell funeral. Oh well. It is what it is. 

I officially start my liquid diet on Tuesday so this weekend we are all going out together as a family, kinda my "Last Supper" if you will. A lot of weight loss surgery patients believe in the "food funeral" and others do not. Personally I feel that I'm making such a HUGE life change with this surgery for the REST OF MY LIFE that I want to leave certain foods behind me. Foods that I know are an issue for me and will cause me problems. That is why I have chosen not to do a blanket food funeral but rather a selective one. I've said my goodbyes to pizza, bagels and now nachos. Only thing left on the list now is mac & cheese. These foods while could be eaten later down the road after surgery I know that I do not want to go back to bad choices so for me there will be a strict carb limit. Notice that all the things on my little list are carbs! I've been starving the carb monster for the past 4 days and have been doing well, the headaches are the worst part. 

2 comments:

  1. I had to comment. You did the exact same thing I did before surgery. I'm currently 6 days post op. A week ago today I went into Taco Bell also for a pre-surgical food trip down memory lane. And as sit here sipping my high carb protein shake with my meds blended into it I can't help but think, Man did i make the right choice. Good Luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I hope your recovery is going smooth! I know a lot of people dislike the food funeral, but for me I felt it was important to say goodbye to a few certain foods that I don't ever want in my diet again.

    ReplyDelete