Thursday, October 4, 2012

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.

Day 3 of the pre-op diet and I am starting to feel ok. Which is surprising because I hardly slept at ALL last night. I was so tired I went to bed at 9pm, but tossed and turned still somewhere in the 2am mark. Of course my little monster Nathan woke me up at 6am so it's going to be a long day!

Yesterday I did it!! I managed to get all 5 of my protein shakes in. Some of them were not so yummy but I did enjoy the AboutTime Peanut Butter shake. I added 1 TBSP of PB2 to if for some extra flavor and protein and it way yummy! I also had some Won Ton soup broth and OMG, it was like I was drinking a little slice of heaven. So sad, I know. But when all you are "eating" is protein shakes even some soup broth can taste like a million bucks!

Today my mission was to find some Syntrax Matrix protein. I've heard really good reviews about this brand and I'm already getting bored and tired of the chalky taste of some powders. Lots of bariatric patients say their Mint Cookie flavor is to die for and the Cookies & Creme isn't far behind. I ran around to different vitamin & supplement stores and finally found the Cookies & Creme flavor at The Vitamin Shoppe. Price was about $2 more than online so I decided to go for it.


I'm glad I did! It was very good! First impression when you open the container is that it looks like smashed up cookies!! Real looking "cookie" bits and all! The smell?! AH-mazing. I kept saying "please taste as good as you smell, please!". I whipped up a shake with water as directed and let me tell you, YUMMY! It has a bit of that protein smell after being mixed but there is no chalky taste to it at all. I bet it would taste even better mixed with some almond milk instead of the water next time. So thank goodness I have found 2 shakes that I can get down with no problems. This one and the CLICK. 

One thing that is really bugging me is that my stomach is CONSTANTLY rumbling. Not because I'm hungry actually but because of all the liquid. I feel so bloated and, excuse me, gassy. My entire digestive system is just rumbly and grumbly and just UGH!

Overall yesterday was an easier day and today is shaping up to be pretty well, even though I am seriously tired. As Dory would say;

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!


No comments:

Post a Comment