Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I will be a beautiful butterfly.

This may sound a little corny, but last night I was thinking......

This journey of mine to become a healthier, more active and more beautiful Heather is like a Caterpillar turning into a butterfly. I have surpassed the caterpillar stage, the sitting around being lumpy and accepting my fate instead of doing something about it. I have started to build my chrysalis which wraps me in love and support from my family and friends. It's while in this chrysalis, during and after my surgery, where I will change, emotionally and physically to eventually become a beautiful butterfly. I love this analogy because it's so relate-able. So from now on my symbol of hope and success for my weight loss journey will be the butterfly. I bought this necklace to remind me everyday of my journey and what is to come after all the hard work and effort I put into this.


No comments:

Post a Comment